In any business venture, employees can make or break a company’s reputation. After all, they represent the business that the customers usually connect with. Training is of course a vital part of the learning process, but there are some traits that prospective employees should possess from the get-go. As a business owner, what traits should you look for in your potential workforce?
What to Look for in Prospective Employees
Having a hard time choosing your next new hire? Here are some stellar traits that should stand out in any prospective employee:
- Proactive: Eager to learn, they initiate asking questions about what they should know about their job. They do not wait to be told what to do, and are independent thinkers that think outside the box. They want to offer help and try to be an active part of solving problems.
- Goal-oriented: People who know what they want to achieve and have a plan on how they want to get there are valuable employees to work with. Eager to learn, they see potential growth with your business. It is your task as their future employer to nurture their ambition, drive, and passion for work.
- Flexible: People who can quickly adapt in different situations and work environments are easier to work with. Technology is improving day by day, and employees should take it upon themselves to learn how to deal with the day to day changes they encounter at work.
- Responsible: Great employees take responsibility for themselves and the situations that they find themselves in. This is not limited to owning up to the mistakes they make at work, but also knowing that they are also responsible in improving themselves after initial instructions about work. Of course, good guidance is key, but knowing what to do with the knowledge they now possess about the job speaks of their character.
- Team Player: As you are a business owner of a small business, your employees would most likely work closely with each other for 8 hours a day, five days a week. Great camaraderie boosts morale and productivity levels in a team. Getting a person that works well with other people helps make your business stronger from within.
Know how fellow entrepreneurs choose their prospective employees through the UnionBank GlobalLinker website: https://unionbank.globallinker.com/
Download the UnionBank GlobalLinker App, available in both Android and iOS.
We are a team of professionals providing relevant content to startups, micro, small and medium enterprises.