2 Jun 2018, 12:00 — 4 min read
Summary: Boost your concentration levels and get more done by leveraging the 'Pomodoro Technique' and other productivity tips.
In an age where we have multiple things vying for our attention, maintaining concentration levels is very often not a simple task. As an entrepreneur there is always a lot of work to be done. As soon as one task is accomplished, something new takes its place. Given this situation, it becomes important to think about concentration, the focus, that you as an entrepreneur bring to your work. With improved concentration, you may be able to get more done, allowing you to hit that long list of targets and achieve your goals.
Here are some tips to boost concentration:
1. The Pomodoro Technique - Though there are many techniques to manage work routines, the Pomodoro Technique, developed by Francesco Cirillo, is the most famous. With this technique, work intervals usually about 25 minutes long are interspersed with short breaks. This has been shown to boost productivity. You can experiment with the Pomodoro Technique or some other work routine techniques to see if they help you get more done.
2. Focus on one task at a time - Multitasking has an allure and is celebrated in entrepreneurial culture. However, recent studies like this one by the American Psychological Association concludes that ‘Doing more than one task at a time, especially more than one complex task, takes a toll on productivity’. Alternatively, focusing on one task is more productive. For more important projects, focusing just on the task at hand is a sound strategy for increasing the likelihood of success.
3. Eat healthy - Having a balanced diet during work hours and also for your life in general can improve productivity levels. Eating heavier food, fried and oily, can make a person sluggish while eating more wholesome, healthy food can create a sense of well-being and improve concentration and focus. Lay off the pizza and try getting a salad and snack on fruit instead of chips!
4. Write by hand - Studies have shown that putting pen to paper requires more focus than typing. Writing by hand also increases recall. If you haven’t written by hand for a long time, now might be a good time to start. Writing by hand leads to improved concentration levels and better memory outcomes - both are invaluable tools in the arsenal of an entrepreneur.
5. Allocate the toughest work to your most productive time - Almost everyone has certain times in the day when they are more productive than at other times. For most people, morning is the most productive time. Identifying that one or two-hour window when you get most done and setting that aside for your toughest tasks is equivalent to allocating a scarce resource wisely. It is the best optimisation of time. Your concentration is highest at that peak time and by working on challenging tasks then, you will give your brain a boost, achieving targets while also increasing your capacity to work.
Try these tried and tested techniques for boosting concentration levels and be rewarded with improved work outcomes.
Posted byGlobalLinker Staff
We are a team of experienced industry professionals committed to sharing our knowledge and skills with small & medium enterprises.
5 Must-Have Emails for Your Online Store
15 Feb 2023, 12:30
Build the biggest and longest lasting brand – YOU
23 Jan 2023, 15:36
Most read this week
Please login or register to join the discussion