26 Aug 2018, 12:00 — 4 min read
Social sharing is defined as the practice of sharing content from a website on a social media platform. Social sharing is a great way of driving more traffic to your business website through organic/paid awareness garnered on your social media properties.
Here are certain tools, tricks and tactics to boost your social sharing.
1.Ensure that your website includes social media share buttons – This is a very basic practice of every modern website i.e. placing accessible social media buttons on your website. In order for people to share your content on social media, you need to provide them easy access to share content and include social media buttons on your website. Ensure that your social media share buttons are appropriately and intuitively placed to enable easy access for users to share content & most importantly are redirecting to appropriate social media sites.
2. Create compelling headlines – One of the most important elements of social content is the headline. This is what grabs people’s attention. Your headline should be catchy and give a clear message as to what the reader is going to read about. This tactic attracts audiences because it is easy to search. This is one of the best ways for small businesses to set themselves apart on social media. Keep your posts short, simple & under 250 characters. Keeping your posts below 250 characters can get you 60% more engagement. You can even get up to 66% more engagement if you cut it down to less than 80 characters."
3. Visuals to boost engagement – Visuals have the greatest effect on getting followers sharing and clicking your content. Posts with relevant visuals have the maximum views. Creating content with creative visuals like meme’s, GIFs, high definition images will help boost views on your content. The key is that you make sure it goes on with the brand messaging and overall content marketing strategy. According to a research, photos get 53% more likes, 104% more comments and 84% more click-throughs on links than text-based posts. catching on, eliminate it.
4. Track your social media marketing – Track your progress with analytics tool embedded within these social media platform. You may want to look at the sites that are performing better than you and focus your efforts to fix any shortcomings. If something simply isn't catching on, eliminate it.
5. Post when audience is more active – Another way to increase your social share is to know when to share the content. It is said that the best time to share content is mid-morning or mid-afternoon on the weekdays, but ultimately it depends on the audience. For example, if you are in the fashion industry and if your customers work on weekdays, it is prudent to post your content on the weekends, when your customers have the day off and can devote time to indulge their interests. Engagement rates on Thursday and Friday are 18% higher.
6. Have irresistible offers – Create such offers that make your visitors happy. When you are giving away cool stuff free to people, they get excited. Awesome offers get a ton of shares. It is therefore important to have social share buttons on offer pages. 42% of brand loyalists like a page to get a coupon or discount, so launch periodic discount campaigns for your social media properties to increase following resulting in increased brand awareness & traffic to your website.
The success you enjoy with social media doesn’t happen overnight. Use these strategies to boost your social shares. Once you have a big following base, everything you post will have an exponential effect!
Posted byGlobalLinker Staff
We are a team of experienced industry professionals committed to sharing our knowledge and skills with small & medium enterprises.
Recommended articles for you
Call center agent turned mompreneur starts business with P1,000, now supplies to major malls & local establishments in R7
Coupled with determination and flair in cooking, Hazel Asignar launched her food business, Ninang’s Kitchen, and started selling bagoong (sautéed shrimp paste) in 2017 with only a capital of P1,000 and has since made money out of it.
5 Mar 2020, 13:04
18 Jan 2020, 12:30