20 Sep 2019, 14:00 — 3 min read
There's no such thing as a ‘perfect life.’ No matter how hard we try, there are so many things that are beyond our control. But there is such a thing as a ‘happy imperfect life.’
They say life is comprised of 10% that happens to you, and the rest of 90% is how you react to it. This can be true. Our reaction and attitude are the things we have control over.
So despite the crazy ups and downs in our business journey, we have to deal with it. Here are some of my tips:
You should learn to appreciate all the blessings that you receive every day. When you embrace what you have, you’ll be amazed how being grateful can shift your perspective in life.
You have to understand that you have a different journey than other people. Some may experience success in the first year of their business venture, while others may take two or three years to find success. But this doesn’t mean that the latter fail. We all have different timelines as well as purpose, so you have to stop comparing yourself to others. Don't use others' success to measure yours or your success to measure others. When you learn to stop comparing yourself to others that’s when you start appreciating your own story.
Each and every one has their own battle, so be generous and extend a helping hand to others. Saying ‘thank you’ and sharing your genuine smile with other people like your partners or clients can uplift their spirit. You’ll never know how saying kind words can make an impact to someone else unless you do it.
When you learn to stop comparing yourself to others that’s when you start appreciating your own story.
Also read: 10 things mentally strong people avoid
You have to accept that you can’t manipulate everything around you. Learn to surrender, lift up to God all the things that worry you; His power is the greatest.
No matter how many lemons life throws at you, always choose happiness! It may not be easy in the beginning, but practice until it becomes your natural response. And those lemons? Well, why not throw a lemonade party back!
Image courtesy: unsplash.com
To explore business opportunities, link with me by clicking on the 'Connect' button on my eBiz Card.
Disclaimer: This article is based solely on the inputs shared by the featured members. GlobalLinker does not necessarily endorse the views, opinions & facts stated by the members.
Posted byLerma Micua Ermitanio
MOMpreneurs Club PH founder / Entrepreneur / Mother
26 Feb 2021, 12:30
17 Apr 2020, 17:00
14 Feb 2020, 11:00
Most read this week